Dear fellow lactating moms,
Whether your a working mom or a homemaker, I know it’s not easy to sustain breast milk production for the baby. But hang on! There are a million reasons why you need to stretch a mile, mommy.
Why be faithful to your breastfeeding journey line?
Primarily, you shield your own baby from harm as you provide them with the best food – perfectly designed for babies.
Another thing to remember, once your milk production is stabilized, you can be a blessing to other babies. Imagine the goodness you can extend to sick babies or to the preemies! I have personally prayed for the ability to produce a little extra for other babies who are in need. Glory to God that He gave me means to share a little to the helpless babies and ease up their moms’ worries.
Please read through the following articles. They are really helpful:
Hope this Monday note boosts you to move forward with your breastfeeding advocacy!
Loves and hugs,
P.S. Feel free to join this lactation support group: https://www.facebook.com/groups/breastfeedingpinays/
Women, by nature, are compassionate. That’s what I’ve learned from our Overall Servant, Bro Eli. I was once in need of breast milk when my baby is at NICU being treated from having Sepsis. I know how it feels, mommies. So here I am, calling for your support. Share your super power today!
Here’s a question that I have answered several times from new moms.
Can I mix breast milk that I pump at two different times?
By experience, here’s what I do:
1. First express – put in fridge (not in freezer)
2. Second express – put in fridge (not in freezer)
3. After few hours assuming 1 and 2 are now in same temperature, combine 1 and 2 in a milk storage bag.
4. Freeze the storage bag from #3.
5. Repeat 1-4 for the succeeding expression.
I do not recommend to store milk in the freezer in milk bottles to avoid damaged parts. There are few good reasons why I suggest storing milk in appropriate milk bags. Read this.
For mommies in the Philippines, I recommend Milking Momma for affordable and quality milk storage bags. IG account: https://instagram.com/milkingmomma/
It’s a good feeling to spend my holiday with mom. She never changed. She is always busy – at home – ensuring Borromeo kids are okay. 🙂
Am I pissed on people who remember their mom’s only during what they call Mother’s Day? Yes, I am. With all the sacrifices they all do for us, maybe we can make them feel special even on “ordinary days”.
Best things that mom does or says…
- Mom smiles when I did something good. 🙂
- Mom treats me a good dinner when she knows I’m stressed.
- Mom taught me how to pray. She often tells me, “Speak up. Speak to Him, He listens to good children. But you need to be good for Him to hear you.” (That’s past and I remain grateful remembering that.)
- Mom tells me, don’t push yourself too much. If you feel that is not your cup of tea then be brave to discover the gift in you.
- “Why?” When mom asks me that, I somehow feel comfort. Does she know I’m not feeling well?
- “Stop that.” At least I know she still cares. 🙂
- “I love you dear daughter.” I melt when I hear this.
What about you? What’s the best thing that you love about your mom?
Oops, before I go, I have something special for mother’s out there, especially career moms…
“Material things are not enough. You send them money, chocolates… Those are not enough. There should be words of wisdom, words of love, words of care and affection, words of advice. Those are needed. Especially when you know the verses in the Bible, cite them in your letters, that will be implanted in a child’s heart. If you give your child too much money, he might get into drugs, and go astray. Doctrine should always be involved. That’s how it is.” – Bro. Eli Soriano